Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday October 21

While I won't be making any grand promises to keep this blog daily (as I did last year and was not able to keep up), I do feel a bit out of touch these days. And I think blogging more often will help, so here I am.

I'm a little sick, and that stinks. I've got some projects to write for Hall Brothers Entertainment but I'm awful at writing when I don't feel good. It just doesn't quite flow correctly for me. But, after writing two novels back to back (Black Badge from June to July, Scrolls from August to September), it's not the biggest deal in the world to move a little more slowly right now.

For the most part I had a really great day. Woke up early, got some work done, finally got around to sending off my entire savings account to Uncle Sam. That didn't make me happy, but that's life I guess and now I wan't have the massive 2009 tax bill hanging over my head. I then went to spend a little time with my family. I haven't seen them much the past week since I've been feeling under the weather and it was amazing to get to be around them, even for just a short time. Even though I tell them all the time I really don't think they all understand just how much I love each of them. Some people live far from their family, or aren't close with their family, but being near them and close to them is like breathing for me. I can't imagine life any other way.

So, anyways, that was really nice. Got to see my nephews and help a little with their home school lessons of the day. I'm blown away by how smart they're all getting. One day they're little kids and the next they're explaining to you what a subject is in a sentence and the difference between nouns and verbs. It's insane.

After that I ran a few places. Blockbuster, Albertson's, Wal-Mart to get some medicine for my headcold thing that is haunting me. Then home, where something a little disturbing happened.

Bloggers note: Originally I had a massive thousand word rant here about local politics. Upon using my brain I decided it probably isn't the most professional thing in the world to leave it up on a public forum such as blogger, so I've removed it. However, I stand by it and would gladly share it with any of my friends or family who wish to know about it. Just ask me or email me or facebook message me and I'll send it to you. And now we resume the regularly scheduled blog post.

And seeing as I just went on a massive rant, I'll wrap the rest of this up quickly. Rested at home, watched television, ran to the bookstore, came back home, hung out with my roommate and his brother and had a pleasant time doing so, then retired to my room to answer emails and write this blog. I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow, as I've got a busy day ahead of me.

It seems fitting for the picture of the day to be of me, taken just a few minutes ago, looking every bit as ill and exhausted as I currently am.



No comments:

Post a Comment