Friday, June 15, 2012

Birthday Book Bomb!

Okay, so I'm blatantly stealing this idea from my friend Martin Ingham, who is an awesome writer.  But it's my birthday, so hopefully that means he'll be okay with me following in his footsteps with the idea of a birthday book bomb.

So here's how it works.  As a writer, the greatest thing that can happen for me is when people are buying and reading my books.  So, since it's my birthday and it's socially acceptable to be a little selfish on your birthday, what I'd like to ask is that you help get more people buying and reading my books today.  How can we do that?  Well, if you're able, buy one of my books today.  Print editions are 10 bucks, e-versions on Kindle and Nook are just 3 bucks, and if you're able to pick one up today, that would be a huge gift to me.

Of course, times are tough, so if you don't have the money available, maybe just take a moment to spread the word about my books to someone you know.  Toss a link up on facebook, or tweet your homies, or email your bookish cousin, just let someone know that you know a guy who writes some books and that they're available.  I really believe my available works span a lot of different taste profiles.  Black Badge is gritty, dark, cynical, violent, action and mayhem.  Scrolls is action packed, magical, a little romantic, coming of age, funny, and mysterious.  The Bond: Conqueror is a galaxy spanning action sci-fi tale of revenge.  And if short stories are more your speed, then I've got great work in both Undiscovered and Villainy, the two short story compilations available at Hall Brothers Entertainment.

Here's the link to the Hall Bros Entertainment store:  STORE

If you'd rather buy the books on amazon.com you can do that too.  Just head over there and search for the books by their exact title, because it tends to kickback a ton of results unless you search for exactly which of my books you're after.

Anyways, anything you can do to help make my first ever birthday book bomb a success would be hugely appreciated.  You write in a vacuum, and even after you release a book it just kind of floats out there and it's always such a great feeling when you know people are buying them and telling people they know that this is stuff that's worth reading.  Thanks to each and every one of you for all the support you've shown me over the years, and I hope you'll continue to stick with me as I continue to write more books!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Aaron!!!!! I will certainly buy one of your books to wish you Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Ace. Hope people explode all over your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am honored by the homage! This is really a great idea, and I'm glad you're able to capitalize on it.

    I'll be a few weeks late for your birthday book bomb, but pretty soon I should have enough money to pick up a few of your books that I have on my wish list. I'm looking forward to them!

    ReplyDelete