Thursday, March 3, 2011

Contention

Today was a great day. It's been a while since I did any actual personal blogging, and I'm not really sure why that is. My days have been pretty full lately and by the end of them I haven't really been in a blogging mood. Whereas I once felt like blogging was my way of sharing my feelings with the world, over the past year my relationships with people around me have strengthened and I find less of a need for the emotional outlet of blogging. But, there are also wonderful people in my life that I don't see very often, or internet friends that I unfortunately don't live close enough to see ever, and the way in which we can all keep up with one another is through our blogs. But if I never blog personally, then the relationship can turn a little impersonal, and thus be weakened.

All that said, today was a great day. It was one of those days so gloriously not special that it became special. The kind of a day that reminds you that true beauty and joy and contentment isn't always super glamorous, and is often found in things like a chat with a friend, a trip to the store with your family, or an evening spent among family cooking dinner, joking, and playing games. My three nephews are like happiness batteries, being around them just recharges my joy and enthusiasm for life. I feel lighter after I've been around them, because being around them reminds me of what's most important in this world. My whole family does that, just reminds me what joy is and how lucky I truly am. They inspire me and make me want to do more in life, to keep working towards my goals and to never stop believing in myself. And yes, I got all of this over a six hour visit and a homemade taco dinner. It's nice to be this easily moved!

So, that's all super sappy, but oh well. What else am I doing these days? Writing, of course, working. Things at Hall Brothers Entertainment are going awesome. Sales of Undiscovered, our latest book, have just completely blown us away and exceeded what we thought we would be able to do this early in our company's life, so that's been amazing. We're only 5 copies away from a pretty awesome milestone, so if you haven't picked it up yet you'd be doing me a personal favor if you did so now (click here to check it out!). Scrolls, our second episodic fiction series, is going really well. I'm particularly proud of this creation, it's probably my favorite thing I've ever created and written, and it's great to see more and more readers showing up as it starts spiraling towards its season one finale'. My brother and I have also embarked on a secret project for HBE that we're not telling anyone about, so that's been fun too. It'll be quite some time before it comes around, but when it does I think it's going to be something special.

Anything else? I guess not! I hope you're all doing awesome and that you have a great weekend!

1 comment: