Thursday, August 18, 2011

Calm Before the Storm

Not much going on today. Getting ready to head over to my family's house for our weekly family night, which is always wonderful.

Current Project: Writing Black Badge Season 2
% Complete: 77
I was planning on yesterday being an easy day, shooting for 1500 or 1200 words, something in that range. It took me a while to edit episodes 8 and 9, and it was already getting a little later by the time I started writing episode 10. After two straight days of pedal to the metal writing, yesterday was a slow crawl. But I hate ending a session in the middle of a scene, so I crawled on and on and on, through the fantastic Rangers game, and into the deep night. Finally around 2am I finished, hitting 2200 words for the day and closing out scene 1 of episode 10. It was a better word count than I had been hoping for, so that was good.

Other stuff
Not much else to share today. I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, kicking off with a football scrimmage in the morning which will be followed by a day of shopping and hanging out in Arlington, which I'm really looking forward to. I've got a lot of newspaper stuff to do this weekend, so it'll be something of a struggle to get time in on finishing Black Badge, but I'll make it happen.

I am struggling for an idea for the bonus short story to go in the season 2 collected edition. The first season I used it as an epilogue to the season, Scrolls I used it to tell a completely separate story, and with The Bond we used it to launch a side character into his own thing. I kind of want to do something different this time, but I'm just not sure what. I've got a week or so to figure it out, so maybe something will come to me.

I've also been thinking more about my new novel idea, and wondering when it is that I would work in another novel during the year. I want to do it, because this idea is fantastic and dark and wonderful and weird, I'm just not positive when I'd write it, as my year is pretty filled up with writing and editing and such. But it's on my mind, and sooner or later I think it'll break through and demand to be written.

And that's it. I hope everyone is having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment