Sunday, August 21, 2011

Still hatin' on the weekend

Current Project: Writing Black Badge Season 2
% Complete: 80

As expected, I got no writing done on Black Badge yesterday, which is a bit maddening. It was not a totally lost day, however, as I got most of my newspaper writing done, built a pretty cool new feature for the newspaper website, read more of a book I'm reading, had dinner with my family, and accomplished a few long overdue Hall Brothers administrative type things. I had a contract to send out and finally got that done and sent out, and then I wrote the back cover text for one of our upcoming novel releases. I've started to really enjoy writing the back covers for books and I think I'm getting pretty good at it, so it was great to get this one locked down. I'll triple check it today and then send it to the cover designer extraordinaire Paul Milligan who is in the process of designing the cover already.

Other Stuff
I'm finishing up newspaper work right now and then will spend the rest of my day finishing Black Badge episode 10. I went over the next few months of Hall Brothers business with my brother last night and boy, the rest of this year is so packed for us. If I didn't have novels to write in the midst of all of it, it wouldn't be so bad, but I do and so it is. The good news is that I'll have a month or so where I can take a breather in March of 2012, so I've got that to look forward to, hahaha.

My problem is that I'm focusing on everything at once, which is always overwhelming. But like last night when I did that contract and the back cover text, when I can break things down into just one at a time it's not nearly as bad. But for right now I'm complaining. I just need to finish Black Badge and then there will be a few weeks of editing and outlining where I can take a little break, so that will be nice. I'm also really looking forward to my twin nephews birthday in a few weeks. There might be something big happening with our newspaper this next week too, so I'm anxious to learn more about that.

Anyways, life is busy, but full and awesome. Looking forward to tomorrow, when I plan on hiding out in the house all day and working on Black Badge episode 11. I'm trying to get finished by the end of Friday night, and it's going to take a big push to meet that goal, but it'll feel so good to be done! Completing a novel is one of the best feelings in the world, an almost indescribable rush of accomplishment that you have to have felt to really understand. It's nice being close enough to where I can start thinking about that bright white light and the end of this long and harrowing tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment